Friday, January 4, 2008

Planning meals in advance

I realized that if we're going to do Core, and do it well, I'll need to plan out at least a week's worth of meals in advance and shop for their ingredient lists. So I've spent several hours working on a menu of dinners and getting a shopping list prepared... trying to avoid repeated items... working hard to list items in order of their appearance in the aisles of my local Hy-Vee.

I did a bit better staying on Core today, but didn't get to the grocery store in time to prepare for dinner. Luckily, my parents invited us to join them for dinner, so hubby and I split the shrimp and veggie fajitas. I know I'll have to count WPAs for them, but I don't mind using the WPAs a bit this week, as I've been preparing my future menus.

I have dinner planned, tomorrow through January 21... and intend to make enough to have leftovers to eat for lunches. I found these recipes primarily on the WW message boards and on Heather's site (which is FANTASTIC!), though a few of them came from my recipe box! If you're counting, I'm missing 2 days between now and the 21st- we go to church on Wednesday evenings and dinner is served there, so I will have to plan for using WPAs on Wednesday nights. (Which reminds me how nice it was to weigh in on Tuesdays and not have Wednesdays at church impact my WI!)

My dinner plans, starting tomorrow night (Jan 5):
King's Onion Soup
Tamale Casserole
Crockpot Paella
Baked Spaghetti Squash with tomatoes and mozzarella
Inside-Out Egg Rolls served with Bulgar
Taco Soup
Beef and Bulgar Casserole
Crockpot London Broil served with Saturday Night Vidalia Onions
Crab Cakes, side of veggies
Baked Spaghetti
King's Onion Soup (will make with London Broil and Vidalia Onion leftovers)
Oven Fried Fish, side of veggies
crockpot chili
Chicken and Tomatoes
Pasta with Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Lemon

Are you drooling yet? (I am!) Everything on that list is CORE! Yee-haw! :)


Today's food log:
water and diet coke (Core)
1/4 cup spanish rice (1.5 WPA)
3 shrimp/veggie fajitas
chips


Um, I honestly forgot about lunch (usually don't have breakfast). Will work on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!