Thursday, January 31, 2008

Counting points

I just came back from WI- I lost exactly 1 pound this week!

I'm thinking that I need to work on my menus for a shorter timeframe than I'd tried to do, maybe do them a week at a time. I am going to revise our menu for the rest of this week and next week today, and probably will go to the store tonight again. Having a sick family has not been good for our following CORE, as I haven't felt the need to cook for a family of sickos. Our supply of leftovers has diminished to nearly nothing, so I'm needing to address this asap.

I've said before that I make myself a latte every morning. I have a great little stovetop espresso maker, I microwave my milk, and I use SF/FF DaVinci syrups for flavoring... I buy these at Sam's for less than $5/bottle. My latte is Core or 2 pts on Flex. I've gotten into the habit of eating a FiberOne bar with my coffee for breakfast, which is also 2 points (not Core). I'm not really a breakfast person and have trouble eating much in the morning, coffee seems to fill me up enough. The bar is a move in the right direction, though I'm also a big fan of Thomas LF/high fiber English muffins with reduced-sugar Smuckers (0 pts if you don't use much). I'm out of the muffins right now, but I think I'll add them to my Sam's list.

I'd like to stay on Core, but I'm going to keep better track of the points that I consume. I know that I would be losing more if I were staying closer to the 35 WPA... that's really hard to do! I'm trying to look at this as a lifestyle change- not a diet- and approach Core realistically. Honestly, I don't think that 35 points over and above any Core foods is terribly realistic for me; maybe 50 is more likely to happen... I'm a mom on the move, for goodness sakes! When I was losing a lot on Flex, I found that I lost more in the weeks that I didn't use my 35 WPA, or used very few of them; I know that the same approach should work on Core.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!