Thursday, January 3, 2008

Gonna try Core

Hubby wants to do whichever plan I do, but he'd prefer Core. I've always done Flex, but the idea of not counting is pretty exciting... also I like that I would have less of an opportunity to eat a poor diet so long as I stayed within my points range, and that I would be teaching my kids good habits- surely better habits than if I was on Flex again. So we're going to try Core.

I did not do well today on this plan. I began my day as I always do, with a 2 point (but Core!) latte. I opted for the Vitamuffin (1 pt), thinking that I'd be counting again. (The Core decision was made late afternoon.) I also snacked tonight at a candidate's post-caucus reception. ***Yes, I am an Iowan and lean towards politically active! And my guy won tonight- yay!***

I really don't know how to calculate what I ate, but I'll try to figure it out tomorrow... for now, I'll just list it.

Latte (Core)
Vitamuffin (1 pt)
Open-faced sloppy Joe (Core plus 2 pts)
2 mini-teeny-tiny cheesecakes
3 mini corndogs
3 fried ravioli
4? cream-cheese wontons
3 chocolates

Yep, I'm a sucker for fried stuff and sweets. I'll figure how many of my 35 WPA I've used, and move on. Also I need to get to the grocery store and stock up on Core foods. I've been working on a list of staples, and I think I'm going to start planning a weekly menu- will add those ingredients to the shopping list, too. I think a planned menu will help us stick to Core, as it is more strict in the food options (but less strict when it comes to portions! yay!)

This has been day 1 in my goal to blog here daily through Valentine's Day- so far, so good. :)

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for trying Core! I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you guys. I've always been intimidated by it so I look forward to hearing how it goes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!