Monday, January 7, 2008

Crockpot Paella (100% Core)

I tried this recipe from Heather's site today, but would make some changes next time- primarily, it says to cook on low for 5 hours and I think maybe it should be high for 5 hours or low for the whole day. I ended up microwaving it to speed the cooking process, and also cooked it on high for quite a while... it still ended up being extremely moist, especially for paella. The recipe calls for 2 cups of chicken broth/stock, next time I will just use one 14.5oz can (about 1.5 cups). I used the whole 2 cups because I figured the rice probably needed it, but now it seems to be overkill.

Overall, the taste is very good and I will definitely make it again. Paella is one of hubby's favorites, but I don't make it too often because it is time-consuming and labor-intensive... this is much easier. The chopping/slicing/dicing of veggies took quite a while, but maybe next time I will use chopped, frozen veggies from my freezer and not worry so much about the measuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!