Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Guilt-Free Alfredo!!!

OMG.
Seriously, wow. For dinner tonight, I combined a couple of things that I've learned about online:spaghetti squash and Hungry Girl's "girlfredo". And I'd like to repeat, WOW.

I used the Lite Garlic and Herb cheese wedges instead of the regular flavor, and I think that really added to the flavor. I served the kids the squash topped with leftover spaghetti/meat sauce from my cooking day last week. Their meal was entirely CORE, mine was not... but the couple of points were definitely worth it. HG says that one serving equals 1 pt, I know that I had more than one serving.

Hungry Girl's "Girlfredo"
1/2 Wedge The Laughing Cow Light Cheese
1 teaspoon Fat Free Sour Cream
2 teaspoons Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper (if desired)

Combine cheeses and sour cream, Mix thoroughly. Microwave to help melt cheese, and mix some more. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy. Serves 1.

I made this with 6 wedges and roughly 12 times the FF sour cream. I did not have 12 times the parmesan, so I dumped in what I had (maybe 8 or 12 teaspoons?). I loved it, so did Hubby!!!

For the squash, I pre-cooked and prepared it a few days ago; it's been sitting in the fridge, waiting for tonight. I'm glad that I did the prep work ahead, just because while it wasn't really time-consuming, it still took time. Hubby and I enjoyed the squash instead of "real" noodles, and he said that it really filled him up. Please note that this is a vegetable, and it does not taste like pasta!!! It is a bit on the sweet side, kinda smells like pumpkin (especially before you cook it!), and is definitely a veggie... that said, I will for sure make this again.

2 comments:

  1. yum! and thanks for the spaghetti squash link. i have one in the fridge that i need to cook...but wasn't sure how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva-
    I'm glad to help! If you aren't familiar with Roni and her websites, she is wonderful and she is full of great ideas. The squash link goes to her food ideas site, her blog is weightwatchen.com.

    I think she's been very helpful to me for several reasons, #1 being that she is REAL. She is straightforward and honest and she has done this and been successful.


    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!