Saturday, January 5, 2008

can't. stop. eating. treats.

Bugger. We've got overnight guests (a late Christmas celebration) and they brought more flippin' treats. Yummy treats, like HOMEMADE CARAMELS. And my mom brought over "additions" to our dinner: bread and cake. Bite me, mom.

So my food journal for today:
CARAMELS. LOTS OF THEM.
1/2 Turnberry sandwich from Palmer's
Palmer's brownie
lettuce salad with Wishbone spritz (Core)
King's onion soup (Core)
slice of Italian bread
slice of Boston Cream Cake

I DID NOT give into the temptation of eating the rest of the cake (in fact, I told my mom how much I would appreciate it if she would just take it out to the car while we were cleaning up, because otherwise I would have no choice but to finish it off!)

My leader told a story the other day about how she feels compelled to eat sweets if they are in the house... no matter how insane it sounds (she got mad at her hubby for first buying, then for not taking a 1/2 gallon of Rocky Road ice cream with him to work- because she would eat the entire thing while he was at work!) THAT'S ME, FOLKS. I've finished off a tray/box/container of sweets before even if I didn't particularly like them, JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE THERE, CALLING MY NAME. Moral of the story? I can't have sweets in the house. Period.

I think I'm going to have to add up my points this week to hope that I've stayed somewhat within daily points (if I'd been doing Flex) and hope for the best... this Core thing is not off to a great start. Hubby, lemme tell you, is NOT helping. He bought cheese made with skim milk and assumed it was Fat Free- no frickin' way. Nutritional info wasn't listed, so it "must be zero points". I could go on and on, but if this continues I'm gonna be pretty stressed.

It's been a great day, just not a great CORE day. I think I'll have more time on Monday to spend some time and figure points, it's been a super busy few days. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!