Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lettuce Wraps- beyond yummy!!!

Holy smokes, was dinner good!

Today's food log:
latte and WW PB mini-bar (Core+1pt)
tamale casserole leftovers (Core +2pts)
Inside-Out Egg Roll Lettuce Wraps
WW Smores mini-bar (1pt)
4 of 35 Flex pts used for the week

I played with the recipe a bit (did you even have to ask?). This is what I did:
about 1-1.5 cups diced frozen chicken breast
about .5 cups frozen cocktail shrimp
1 Morningstar mushroom burger
tossed in pan together with some Pam, ginger, allspice, chicken broth, celery seed, and minced onion- it looked like this:


I let this cook for a while, until the meats were thawed. I took them back out of the pan and diced the shrimp, then I used my fingers and shredded the chicken and the burger and returned them all to the pan. Then I diced the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, added them, and took another picture:


I added soy sauce, the garlic and ginger, mixed everything really well, and moved to a back burner to cook slowly while I worked on the cabbage. It was obvious that my pan wasn't big enough for everything (I doubled the recipe), so I pulled out my wok and dumped in the cole slaw mix and canola oil. I didn't think this was cooking down fast enough (and it seemed pretty dry) so I added a bit more oil and some soy sauce. It took about 10 minutes to really cook down, then I added the meat mixture, stirred well, and dinner was ready. (And it was SO freakin' good!) Here it is just before serving:


I had a head of lettuce set aside for this, we ate it as lettuce wraps and everyone was very happy- it's been awhile since everyone raved about a dinner as much as they did tonight. The best part? Plenty left over for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!