Saturday, January 19, 2008

Down 4.0!

We've had a busy few days- the last thing I've had time to do was post, let alone go and weigh in... my WI day is Thursday, and I just was able to go this morning (Saturday). Sure, I could have left the service guys at my house and taken both kids and weighed on Thursday, but I have issues with leaving strange men in my home alone.

If you want details on what's been happening around my house the last few days, please check my other blog. This one is about food and my weight loss journey. That one is about anything else I decide to ramble on about. (Big cheesy grin...)

So I think I like this Core stuff... no counting (except the 35 weeklies)... just eating healthy UNTIL SATISFIED. That does not mean eat until just past full, then when putting away the leftovers an hour later, eat another serving or two because it was just SO GOOD. Yeah, we've all been there. You know what I mean.

Let's see... Tuesday I made the awesome Baked Spaghetti that took entirely too frickin' long to prepare. I haven't offered the leftovers to anyone else in my house because I am hoping no one remembers them, and am eating them myself. Wednesday was church night... no control over what is served... this was a good week- they served sloppy joes and baked beans, ice cream sandwiches for dessert. I ate my 'joe' without the bun, and finished my kids' dinners too- I NEVER make baked beans and they were yummy. I think beans are lower in pts if they don't have pork in them... these did not appear to be "porky". Oh, and yes, I DID have dessert. 6 points, I believe.

Thursday I made Taco Soup, which I was very excited about (until I found out that my mom says it's an old WW recipe that she's had for years). After it had been cooking for a couple hours, I stirred and wanted to taste... and ended up having 2 little bowls of it! I loved it at dinner, too, and while the family didn't rave they did eat it all... hubby said it would be really good with cheese. I think it is more of a chicken chili than a taco soup... either way it's yum. Too bad I won't be making it again. Hubby asked me last night if I would please never make it again, and I think he was right... our family has been really "musical" lately from all of that "musical fruit". (I know, TMI!) Last night and today my tummy has been all tied up in knots, which really isn't fun.


Taco soup leftovers- I forgot to take a picture earlier

We were boring last night and just did leftovers, but this is good because I'm working on making sure that they get eaten (instead of taking up space in the fridge and eventually tossed).


lots of leftovers!

I've not been good at keeping track of my 35 pts this week, but I have been careful at what goes into my mouth. I've been craving something chocolatey and sweet, but instead of baking I've been hitting my stash. I've tried a pk of Hostess 100-calorie cupcakes (which kinda helped), and FiberOne bars (which helped a lot, surprisingly). I'm making a point to exclude bread from my diet, partly because I know that it is high in points, and partly because I don't like it plain- only with stuff like butter and cinnamon-sugar, or peanut butter... not what I need to be eating.

I did well on WW when I was on Flex, too, but I had a much higher daily pts allotment... I think it would be really hard for me to stick to 21 pts (which will probably be 20 next week!) and not be starving. I know that there are ways to do it- my mom eats a lot of plain tomato soup and veggies- but I'm running a household with young kids and don't have time to cook for them and something else for me. I want real food, and I don't want to feel like the rabbit that I would resemble if I was trying to stick to 20 pts/day. I was breastfeeding the whole time I was on Flex, so I had between 32 and 29 pts/day- that's more like it! I'm guessing that I eat 25-30 pts/day on Core, and I'm eating food that I like- I really don't understand HOW I'm losing, honestly! Flex gave me the mindset that pasta is a no-no, along with fish and red meat. I'm eating those things, so why am I losing? It's because I'm following the Core plan, and eating healthier versions of these foods... and eating reasonable portions. It's hard to stop when I'm satisfied sometimes, but nice knowing that I'll just have more tomorrow for lunch. I'm learning, but it seems to be working.

Now to my current progress on last week's goal declaration: lose 2 lbs/week for 7 weeks- the final WI of my personal challenge being 2/28/08. If I were to accomplish this goal, I would be exactly 3.8 lbs over my WW goal, making it very attainable.

I am now 13.8 lbs above goal. (7 lbs down in 2 weeks! Yippee!) I have 6 weeks left in this personal challenge. If I lose an average of 2.3 lbs/week between now and then, I will have beaten my challenge and will be at goal. At my current rate of progress, this seems reasonable. At the very least, one would assume that I would be able to be very close to that goal weight, right?

I'm not so sure. I remember how hard it was to lose those last few pounds... I really hope that I'll do ok this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!