Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jan/Feb '08 Personal Challenge- Updated Weekly

I'm starting this personal challenge today, Thursday, January 10, 2008. I am doing this really for my budget more than anything else, because I want to be able to cancel my Monthly Pass.

This challenge is to lose 2 lbs/week (14 lbs) for the next 7 weeks- ending February 28. If I can accomplish that, I will be exactly 3.8 lbs over my WW Lifetime goal weight. My thinking is that if I can reach this goal, I could skip the next week's weigh-in and go back 2 weeks later (March 13) back within 2 lbs of goal... which is the magic number for LT members (if you're no more than 2 lbs over goal, you don't have to pay!!!). I am 17.8 lbs over goal today.

UPDATE: Saturday, January 19- WI 1 of challenge- down 4 lbs from 1/10!!! I doubled my personal goal for this week's loss, and am now 13.8 lbs over goal.

UPDATE: Thursday, January 24- WI 2 of challenge- down 1.2 from 1/19! Roughly half of my week's goal for losing, but still on track to lose 14 lbs between 1/10 and 2/28.

UPDATE: Thursday, January 31- WI 3 of challenge- down 1.0 from 1/24! Exactly half of my week's goal for losing, but still on track to lose 14 lbs between 1/10 and 2/28. If I can lose an average of 1.95 lbs/week between now and 2/28, I will have achieved this goal! I would really like to lose a little more than that, but I know that isn't necessarily realistic. If I were doing better at counting my points, it might be more likely to happen...

UPDATE: Thursday, February 7- WI 4 of challenge- down 2.8 from 1/31! Almost 1.5 times of my week's goal for losing, this is good! I am now exactly 5 lbs away from the goal that I set for myself (which also means that I've lost exactly 9 lbs since 1/10)- this is exciting. To meet my goal, I need to lose a total of 5 lbs in the next 3 weeks... should be possible. I would be much happier, though, to lose 7 lbs in that timeframe... then I would be back within 2 lbs of goal (and FREE!).

UPDATE: Thursday, February 14- WI 5 of challenge- UP 0.6 from 2/7! Ouch. I haven't been OP and I haven't been working on losing this week, so I guess I deserve it. I'll be working hard all week to reverse this gain and see a loss next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!