Thursday, January 31, 2008

Omelette Cups

Our dinner tonight was thanks to my good friend Sara, who sent me the following email about a week ago:

I just found this core recipe on the WW msg board and thought of you. Sounds really good so I think I'll try it too!

Spray muffin pan with pam
For each muffin cup, put in 1/4 c. SW eggbeaters or plain ones or 1 egg
Add a pinch of FF cheddar cheese
Add diced ham or veggies or any combination you like

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes and voila.

These are core and are 2 for 3 points.

They're good to make ahead, keep in a baggie in the fridge for up to a week, or to freeze for up to 3 months.



I decided that this would be a good opportunity to use some of the leftover pot roast from last week... mainly because diced ham was mentioned and I don't eat ham.

I diced some of the leftover potatoes from the roast, shredded some of the meat, and started building in the muffin tins. I added sliced mushrooms (canned, because I don't have the time or money to buy whole mushrooms and clean and slice them), some of my frozen veggie mix, and a little pinch of cheddar cheese. I scrambled up some eggs (I ended up using 5), and spooned/poured egg on top of the veggie pile in each cup. I filled each cup to the very top, and baked them for about 30 minutes... I didn't think they looked done at 25 minutes.

I told the kids that they were omelette cups and the Prince had seconds! Sorry that I don't have pictures, but they were hungry hungry and I didn't have a chance! I ate two of these and thought it was enough food for me.

Todays food journal:
latte- CORE
FiberOne bar- 2 pts (2/35 WPA used)
Diet Coke- 0 pts
1/4 Laughing Cow wedge- 0 pts
carrots- CORE
2 omelette cups- CORE +1 for cheese (3/35 WPA used)

I know, that isn't enough food. But I haven't been terribly hungry, and I'm living with sick people- not appetite-inspiring.

Tomorrow night we're supposed to go to an Italian dinner with drinks. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I know I'll use several of my 32 remaining WPAs. Hubby is still feeling pretty yucky, though, so I'm not sure if we'll end up going.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for omelette cups! I haven't gotten around to trying them yet but will soon. Glad the little one liked them too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!