Monday, February 25, 2008

water-water-water and my scale

I told you that I'd put an old water bottle back to work... one of the reasons I wanted one with a straw is because I KNOW that I drink more if I have a straw. Why? Because I mindlessly suck it down. I'll sit with the bottle near me and just totally absentmindedly drink. And drink and drink. For something to do, I guess. Totally better than absentmindedly eating, which is a distinct possibility and I'm sure the main reason I am trying to LOSE weight. As I type this, it isn't quite 1:30 in the afternoon and I've already downed 64+ oz of water today!



I know that this is a good thing, and the scale is agreeing with me. Now that I've been doing this for a few days, the scale was much closer to the next number than it's been for a while. ??? What the heck does that mean, you ask? This is my scale:




(the "screen" had some water damage a few years ago... this is as clean as it gets... but it still works!)

I generally judge how I'm doing based on which number the pointer is closer to... or between. I've had it for several years, and it seems pretty accurate. I'm somewhat interested in getting a new digital model, but this does just fine, so why bother spending the extra money?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!