Thursday, February 14, 2008

Back to Basics

Well, I sure didn't deserve or expect a loss, but I was still a bit disappointed to see a gain (up 0.6) this morning... though I deserved it, and I probably had lost too much last week due to the illness (and not eating much). Still, it's back to basics for me.

I am sitting at my dining room table, drinking my latte (Core), and eating a new breakfast. Breakfast is something that has been difficult for me on Core- I like to have something with carbs and fiber along with my coffee... carbs are rather restricted on Core. After all of the interesting things I read yesterday about eating "cleanly", I decided to try something new. I got a bowl of leftover brown rice, added some skim milk, cinnamon, and about 1 tbsp of sugar (I don't use Splenda), and microwaved it- it tastes similar to oatmeal. It's a good breakfast, but I'd rather use a grain that doesn't restrict what I eat later in the day.



-------(skip ahead a couple of hours)-------

I cooked up some bulgar so I can eat this regularly. I used half water and half milk, and tossed in plenty of cinnamon and a bit less than 1/4 cup of brown sugar... I'll need to count 3 points for the entire batch, but it will probably take 3-4 days to eat the whole batch. I'm not sure if I'll try this tomorrow or wait another day for this, because I still have a good amount of brown rice leftover from the other night. Either way, I'm glad to have this waiting for me.

For lunch today I'm having leftover chicken with squash from the other night. It's just as good today as it was then! I needed the sweet taste of the squash to curb the cravings for sweets, mainly caused by my mom...



My mom sent over a bunch of V-Day gifts, including her traditional Rice Krispies heart. She decorates it with frosting and fills the middle with candy (last year it was Kissables!)... the container is about 12 inches in diameter, so it's a good-sized treat. Tons of points. The past two years I've hidden it from my family and eaten the whole thing myself (over time, not in one sitting). This year it is on the kitchen table... I'm hoping Hubby will do more than his part to help it disappear so I'm not tempted. :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, that rice krispie heart looks really awesome! :) Wtg for you though on sharing it!

    I found this thread on the ww msg boards--might help with some core bfast ideas...

    http://tinyurl.com/2u7w5f

    Let me know if the tiny url doesn't work--I'll send the full one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!