Tuesday, February 26, 2008

APs and WPAs

Well, I did end up doing a bit of swimming tonight... all of 250 yards... or maybe just 200... either way, that sucks. Alot.

I am so out of shape, I can't believe that I just did around 200 yards- I'm sure I could have done more, but I didn't want to put in the time and effort if the quality wasn't there, and I knew that my technique was starting to suffer. I'm thinking I'd like to put in 15-20 minutes of swimming every day to start, and build up from there so maybe I can be back in shape by summer... but can't see paying $3/day to swim for maybe 20 minutes- that's a bit insane. So I'll swim the next few nights after this class, then I'll figure out what to do next.

I was reading on one of the WW Msg Boards about hula hoops- they were discussing how hula hoops are good for both cardio and abs- and specified one brand in particular... a weighted hoop, they were suggesting using a 3 lb hoop for 10 minutes every day. (Apparently the 3 lb version is what they use at Curves.) So I looked on the website- this 3 lb hula hoop is THIRTY BUCKS plus another ten for shipping! Holy cow- FOURTY BUCKS for a HULA HOOP?!? Uh, no. Not happening, though it does sound like a good idea. I think I'll start with a cheapo from Target instead.

On the WPAs front, I ended up using some tonight- the Prince wanted cookies and I gave in, and had to taste one...two...five. To the tune of 12.5 WPAs. Ouch. But they're gone now and I'm over it.

Be back tomorrow afternoon with my WI report! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!