Wednesday, February 27, 2008

*^&%&#&$ Scale

I don't know that I've ever been MAD about a WI before.
Disappointed, sure.
Surprised, yes.
Mad? This is a new one.

I've been watching my scale here at home for the last week or so, it has been creeping downwards as I am extra careful about what I eat. I'm trying to be more careful and maybe go overboard on the "diet" (no, not lifestyle for now), trying to get rid of these pesky couple of pounds and down to goal.

I had a really difficult time with the last 10-15 pounds last time, too- it took FOREVER to lose them and no time at all to regain them. I ended up setting my WW goal weight higher than I'd wanted to, just because I kept hovering around it.

My scale at home this morning was clearly pointing to 140. 140!!! My goal weight is 138. I wanted to get to WI right away so nothing would happen to that beautiful number I saw on the scale... I weighed myself at least 5 times before I left this morning, just to make sure that it wasn't a fluke and that I really was seeing that number.

I had to wait and wait at WW this morning- about 20 minutes just to step on the darn scale. When I got on, I said "Now, that isn't right!" (and I think I said it a little louder than maybe I should have!)... that @#$%%$## scale said 146.2. 146.2!!! WTF?!?!

I overcame the very strong desire to go eat something yummy... realizing that it was habit, not desire or craving, and came home to make my coffee and bulgar and rant a bit. I ended up skipping the bulgar and having a half of a peanut butter sandwich, and now I feel better. But I'm still pretty ticked. Hubby thinks we just need a new scale.

I AM down from my last WI, and even down a bit from 2 WIs ago (Feb 7)- but only down 0.6 from then. Remember I skipped last week, knowing that it would be up. I guess it IS a good thing that I'm down, but I'm really steamed that my usually accurate scale was this far off- and that I was all ready to see a really fantastic loss this week, especially because I've been working so hard, and was really looking forward to being down so close to goal. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!