Saturday, July 7, 2007

Busy Day, Good Day

Today was a good day. I had to work this morning and that went pretty well. This afternoon we were supposed to meet one of my son’s friends at a wading pool at a park near our house. I pushed the double stroller and really booked because we got a late start… we have lots of hills in the neighborhood and by the time we got to the park- less than 10 minutes later- I was really sweating and my calves hurt. Turned out that the wading pool isn’t open on the weekends so the kids decided to stay and play anyway. We stayed at the park for 2 hours in the 95 degree heat- I’m SO glad I brought tons of water! I try to take them for a good walk every night- walk at a brisk pace to an area park, let them play, then walk briskly back. I figure I earn about 2 activity points for it and they’re burning energy before bed… but today I decided that our afternoon walk would have to suffice.

Tonight we were invited to a birthday party BBQ for one of my hubby’s friends. I didn’t think I was going to go, because hubby had to work and I didn’t want to take the kids by myself. We ended up going anyway and had a great time! I made some smarter food choices tonight, including sharing my cake with my daughter. (I think I had 2 bites!)

I was a bit surprised tonight when I added up my points for the day. I thought I’d have a couple left over for a Dreamsicle or something, but no such luck. Oh well.

latte- 2
vitatop- 1
bread (2 oz)- 4
broccoli and cauliflower- 0
chicken breast (2 oz)- 2
2 sugar cookies- 3
2 deviled eggs- 4
3 cocktail shrimp- 1
hamburger patty with a slice of cheese (no bun)- 6
2 small bites of cake with frosting- 2
Total points used: 25
Points remaining: 0
AP earned: 2, Used: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!