Saturday, July 14, 2007

Uh, hello? WW? BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!

latte- 2
vitatop- 1
Fiber One bar- 2
Boca Burger w/English Muffin- 2
Fiber One bar- 2
pts so far: 9

The points above are where I’d started my post for yesterday. I typed this about 3:30 yesterday afternoon, then didn’t snack anymore because I was holding out for what I figured would be a higher-point dinner with my kids. We’d planned on going to Target and a mall- so they could play at the play area- and I KNEW we’d have to go to Auntie Anne’s for pretzel sticks…

For some reason, we just didn’t get out of the house… we all kept finding things to do and it was much later than I’d planned on before we actually left. We started by going to Target to shop for birthday presents for the niece and nephew. This took F-O-R-E-V-E-R. My son kept finding lots of great things for himself, but nothing for his cousin (the girl- the boy was easy for him!). I would suggest something and get shot down immediately. He would say “Hey, mom- look at this!” and I’d say “We’re looking for Kyah, remember? Do you think she would like that?” This went on FOREVER. Finally I found some Dora roller skates that he thought she would like.

Anyway, when we were about done at Target, DS starts telling me that he’s hungry. (Because he CANNOT go to Target without getting something to eat- anyone else have kids like this?) In his defense, we hadn’t had dinner yet. And it was getting late, because the present-picking had taken SO long. Checked my watch…. it was after their bedtime! Crap. Dinner from Target it would be.

Our Target has both a Starbucks and a Pizza Hut- the Pizza Hut is a part of their “Food Avenue” or whatever it’s called now- the snack shop area. Both of my kids got kids’ meals with hot dogs, so they were set. I wanted a pretzel, but they were out (it was late, remember? Poor gal was trying to clean up so she could close soon!). I ordered the PH breadsticks, which I LOVE. Now here’s where I get frustrated. For the better part of my WW journey, I counted each breadstick at 1 point: in the Dining Out Companion, it says that “One Serving” is 3 points… at Target, they come 3 breadsticks to an order, so each breadstick is 1 point, right?!? Then a few months ago, I realized that 1 point probably wasn’t enough, because really- they’re SO good! I went to PH’s website and I think it says there that one serving of breadsticks is actually one breadstick. SO WHY CAN’T WW BE MORE SPECIFIC AND SAY 1 BREADSTICK=1 POINT instead of saying 1 SERVING=1 POINT?!?!? Not. Happy. They are specific just two lines down that 1 piece of Hot Wings and 1 piece of Mild Wings are each 1 point…

Long story short, I had 9 points of breadsticks (3 pcs). Which would have been fine, but then I lost all control. The kids’ meals come with chips or applesauce, my son wanted chips and I figured I’d get animal crackers for my daughter. When we got over to the rack where we could choose, though, the Cheetos started yelling at me. I caved. I know how high they are in points, and I actually waited until we were halfway home before I opened the bag… but they were gone by the time I got into the house. Oh well, more flex points gone. Later last night I figured as long as I was using flex points, I might as well use some more, so I had some frozen yogurt for about 3 more points.

3 PH breadsticks- 9
Cheetos- 12
Frozen yogurt- 3
Total Points Used- 33
Points Remaining- -8
Total Weekly Flex Points used- 16

We didn’t take our walk yesterday, but I did some resistance training. Do you think that counts for APs? I didn’t work up a sweat, but I wanted to get working on my yucky flabby arms. Last summer I did a program called Extreme Bodyshaping, 3 days/week you do resistace training with what are essentially big rubber bands; the other 3 days/week you do cardio kickboxing. I pulled out my bands (I’d bought a whole set) and the book (to remind myself of the resistance exercises) and spent about 30-40 minutes yesterday. I plan to do this at least every other day, if not daily. Can I/should I count this time as APs? I’m not really moving my body, but I am working the muscles.

I’m determined to do better on points today. My niece and nephew’s b-day party is this afternoon, so I know I’ll have to watch what I eat there. (I’m planning on high points there, though.) I’ve started my day with my usual latte and instead of my vitatop I subbed a 1/2 cup of dry Fiber One (1/2 point). I usually eat breakfast in the car or at work, and when I’m home with the kids I tend to have higher point breakfasts and eat cereal with them- at about 5 points/bowl. So I think I’m already off to a good start, slightly down from where I usually am this time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!