Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July

Our town has a huge parade and mega-celebration for the 4th- it’s really a big deal here, so of course we have a tradition. We meet my SIL and her family to watch the parade together, then afterwards we eat carnival foods for lunch, then the kids get to ride the carnival rides… then on to Grandma’s house for swimming in her pool. (Then they can rest before dinner and fireworks!)

Our deal is that one family will stake out the parade-watching spot (some people set up chairs before 7am to save their places!), and the other family brings Krispy Kreme for everyone. Last year I’m sure I had at least 5 yummy donuts over the course of the morning!

Not TOO terrible so far today… I had a feeling I’d overdo things with the Krispy Kreme so I didn’t buy as many to share as I bought last year. I didn’t hold myself to just one, but managed- over a 3 hour span- to only eat 2.5…. much better than last year. (12.5 points)

I didn’t make the best choice for lunch, but it certainly wasn’t the worst option, either. I opted for a gyro, as I almost never eat them. (I almost got a grilled chicken sandwich, but I eat those all the time- I wanted something I can’t make for myself.) I brought lots of water for everyone, so I didn’t have to worry about my beverage. (10 pts)

Dinner:
Salmon- 4 pts
pasta salad- 4 pts
peas- 1 pt

I went over to the New Moms board on the WW site to find out about the BFing issue. Turns out it is 2 points per session, and DD is nursing 2-3 sessions/day, so I’m going to split the difference and call it 5 points.

So my guess for my points total today is 31.5- not as bad as yesterday, really not terrible at all- I can live with having used 6.5 flex points! (Since I’m counting those BF points and I’ve gained a little back I have 25 daily points.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in... have a great OP day!